2022 Beginning Fly Fishing Class – Three Zoom Sessions April 4th, 11th & 18th at 7PM
April 4, 2022 @ 7:00 pm - April 18, 2022 @ 9:00 pm PDT| Free – $50.00
- This event has passed.
Once again, the Beginning Fly Fishing class held in three Zoom sessions due to the increased COVID Omnicon infections rate the state is experiencing, for the health and safety of the participants. If the infection rates are significantly reduced, we will hold an in person Fly Casting Lesson at a site and date to be determined (keep your fingers crossed!).
The class will be held at 7 PM, for one hour, on April 4th, 11th and 18th and will be taught by Chuck Ballard, Neal Hoffberg and Jim Goedhart, in a lecture discussion format.
The class is free to all WFFC Members and $50 for Non-Members (which can be applied to become a member) who signup to attend the zoom sessions.
The course has homework exercises for participants to complete after each class session such as tying knots and viewing fly fishing instructional web videos.
Zoom Beginning Fly Fishing Class Agendas
- Why Go Fly Fishing
- Fly Fishing Equipment Components
- Starter Fly Fishing Rods and Reel Packages
- Types of Fly Fishing Flies
- Fly Fishing Knots and Fly Fishing Lakes and Moving Water Videos Homework
- Knots Tying Review
- Finding Fish in Lakes and Fly Recommendations
- Finding Fish in Rivers and Steams and Fly Recommendations
- Match the Hatch Entomology
- Fly Fishing Ethics and Conduct
- Fly Fishing Methods and Basic Casting Video Homework
- Fly Fishing Methods
- Fly Casting Techniques
- Fly Fishing Watercraft
- Fly Fishing Gear
- Recommended Fly Fishing Books
- WFFC Fly Fishing Instruction Offerings
- Post Class Fly Casting Videos Homework
All individuals who signup for the class will receive an email with the upcoming session’s Zoom sign-in link and a pdf of that sessions course materials and homework assignment.