2021 Beginning Fly Fishing Class – Three Zoom Sessions April 12th, 19th & 26th at 7PM
April 12 @ 7:00 pm - April 26 @ 9:00 pm PDT| Free – $40
Once again, the Beginning Fly Fishing class which in the past years has been held in a classroom, has been has been changed to a 3 session zoom webinar format due to the COVID-19 pandemic for the health and safety of the participants.
The class will be held at 7 PM, for one hour, on April 12th, 19th and 26th and will be taught by Chuck Ballard, Neal Hoffberg and Jim Goedhart, in a lecture discussion format.
The class is free to all WFFC Members and $40 for Non-Members (which can be applied to become a member) who signup to attend the zoom sessions.
The course has homework exercises for participants to complete after each class session such as tying knots and viewing fly fishing instructional web videos.
Zoom Beginning Fly Fishing Class Agendas
- Why Go Fly Fishing
- Fly Fishing Equipment Components
- Starter Fly Fishing Rods and Reel Packages
- Types of Fly Fishing Flies
- Fly Fishing Knots and Fly Fishing Lakes and Moving Water Videos Homework
- Knots Tying Review
- Finding Fish in Lakes and Fly Recommendations
- Finding Fish in Rivers and Steams and Fly Recommendations
- Match the Hatch Entomology
- Fly Fishing Methods and Basic Casting Video Homework
- Fly Fishing Methods
- Fly Casting Techniques
- Fly Fishing Watercraft
- Fly Fishing Gear
- Recommended Fly Fishing Books
- WFFC Fly Fishing Instruction Offerings
- Post Class Fly Casting Videos Homework
All individuals who signup for the class will receive an email with the upcoming session’s Zoom sign-in link and a pdf of that sessions course materials and homework assignment.